Wednesday, September 9, 2026

SEE AND SAY SPIRIT


      

Let me say it straight out.
    
    You're Wonderful !

    You stuck it out.

        It was a 

       Soul Slog

    to get through

 last week's posting,
   
          DAY

It sure was a block buster,  

      formidable 

in length and challenge. 


At the end I promised 

    to treat us all 

to something briefer

      this week.

      Here goes. 
        
       ******






Dear All of Us,

I'm an enthusiast and

I hope I never get over it. 

I treasure friends.

Among may other joys,

I get excited,

really pumped up, 

introducing them

to each other.

 

So far though 

I haven't

figured out 

a way 

for me 

to have us all 

over here to my place 

for a dinner party 

so I can introduce

new friend of mine

via the internet feed.
  
- Yep, on purpose :) 



So, we'll have to do it 

this way. 

Please let me 

invite us all to a

        Blog 

 Meet and Greet 
     
            with

Steven Charleston.



Steven is a member of the 

     Choctaw Nation.

He grew up in Oklahoma.

Among many goodnesses

he served as president of

The Episcopal Divinity School, 

Cambridge MA. and was the 

Episcopal Bishop of Alaska.

I meet with him in his writings.

Steven has a simple, 

poetically profound way to

   SEE AND SAY SPIRIT


Please say hello to Steven

as he shares Spirit with us:




SPIRIT OF ALL


If we are all created in the image of the Spirit

Then how wonderfully diverse the Spirit must be.


The Spirit in every shape and size

The Spirit in every tone and color

The Spirit in every face and body.

The Spirit of all cultures and languages

Of all peoples and nations

Of all ages and genders.



When we cease to see the Spirit

Through the keyhole of our comfort

And witness the grandeur of the Spirit

Without limits or definitions

Then the image becomes infinite

And the subject becomes intimate.


We do not need to think outside the box

Because there is no need for the box at all.






CARD-CARRYING HUMAN BEING


I am a card-carrying human being.

I am not a political party, a denomination,

A class, a race, or a demographic.

I am just a human being.


I am not a nationality, a sexuality,

An age, or even a gender

since we all start out pretty much the same

and we all are going to the same destination.


I like to do what human beings like to do:

Live at peace, enjoy my life, be with the family.

I like learning from other human beings,  

Sharing my own thoughts

And finding ways to make this world safer, happier,

And as natural as we found it.


I am a card-carrying human being.

That means I am proud to be what Spirt made me.


    

                        
                         SPIRIT WHEEL

                          Meditations
                        
                            from an
       
                       Indigenous Elder


                       Steven Charleson

                       Broadleaf Books

                              2023
                   
                            ******


                       Thanks , Steven



So glad we get to be 

Spirited Human Beings

    together here

    evert week.


  See you in seven.

      Love to all.

      God bless,

     John Frank

       ******



       

      ONLINE POSTINGS
       
                   EARLY

   WEDNESDAY EVENINGS

    EAST COAST USA TIME
  

 

       PAST POSTINGS
 
         AVAILABLE
     
              BY

    SCROLLING DOWN

         BENEATH
        
     THIS POSTING


   
    A WARM WELCOME

  TO ALL NEW WITH US.



PLEASE CONTINUE SHARING

        frankly speaking

   spirituality for the street

             WITH

      FAMILY, FRIENDS

  FELLOW PARISHONERS

        COLLEAGUES.


     YOU ARE THE ONLY

    CIRCULATION STAFF 
 
         WE HAVE.

          THANKS
 
          ******


                  frankly speaking

              spirituality for the street

           johnfrankshares.blogspot.com

                        ******