Friday, December 1, 2017

QUESTION



Hi There !

So, there I was at the "Y" with my Sauna Buddies.

We were happily baking away at two hundred degrees Fahrenheit, freely sharing stories and opinions.

Each and all starkly, if not stunningly, appointed and appareled as on the day of our birth.

Enter a "newbie," a young Latino American.

He sat next to where I was.

There was an ease and pleasantness about him.

Conversation was spontaneous and wide ranging.

No politics, though.

It was plenty hot enough in there already!!

Turns out Miguel is a new  pastor.

Those "Birthday Suits" don't give even a hint of occupation.

In the course of things it came up that I had recently retired after fifty years of ministry as a pastor.

Later, showers and dressing completed, Miguel came over to my locker and asked:

"What advice can you give me to be a good pastor?"

I was taken aback by the simplicity and humility so obvious in Miguel and his question.

With no chance of forethought, I found myself pointing to my heart,

saying what came right from there.

I told Miguel it all starts all the way in at center self.

Get it right there at the center, and things will truly be "all right" from there on out.

Sadly, too many church leaders don't do that.

They are frenetically maneuvering, manipulating and marketing,

trying to get takers for their product.

No good, no God, comes from that.

Inauthentic from the get go.

Rather, go through the ordeal and liberation of accepting God to be who God is,

your core and Center.

That will change you and everything you do.

You will be "Centered"  and energized  in The Source.

Only the transformed can transform.

Only the transformed can transform!!!

Give yourself to God, work generously, and God will do wonders through you

that no PR person, Church Growth Guru, or ecclesial executive could ever cook up.

Miguel smiled, said "Si, Amen !," we shook and off we went.

He's going to be the kind of pastor we so need today.



Well, we're not in a sauna here, but we certainly do share away here every week.

Hopefully with something of the simplicity and humility of Miguel,

I have a question for you.

                                        What is the single most important

                                                   SOUL SECRET

                                         that frees and fires you spiritually

                                                    so far in life?

I ask for two reasons.


The first is for you.

Go as deep and honest as you can.

How are you doing with what's there?


The second is for me.

Please share your gift with me as I tried to share mine with Miguel.

It will light the way spiritually for me out here on the street of my everyday living.


I would so appreciate it if you would email your sharing to me at:

johnfrankshares@gmail.com


This week marks the first anniversary of "frankly speaking."

Thanks for your good company.

Also, we are blessed to have folks from Slovenia and South Korea now part of our gathering here,

blessed indeed.


See you next week.

Holding each and all in

  God's Dear Love,

        John Frank


PS

  For folks recently joining in, a new posting goes up each week on Friday mornings.