Tuesday, November 28, 2023

PLAY

    


     An Explanation

Technical concerns necessitate

posting a bit early this week.

What follows is actually

         the posting for 

           Wednesday 

     November 29, 2023.

             ******


Dear All of Us, 

Welcome to our family,

to our joy and table!

What a weekend!


Thanksgiving 

with all the trimmings,

with all the family,

with friends of our daughters.

Crowded  Delicious  Delightful


Saturday it was  together some more -

just perfect sauteed pork chops, 

tangy sweet apple sauce,

creamy crusted scalloped potatoes,

tender firm haricot verts,

baby greens, apple slices, and walnuts

all dressed up together in an engaging 

mustard herb vinaigrette.

These delights were caped off

with a to die for orange zest cake.

Yes, my wife is culinary wonder.


Then Sunday after church 

it was off to Chang Chang 

for wonderous Dim Sum:

    Kungpao Vegetables

    Walnut Prawns

    Bubble Pancake

    Pan-Fried Pork Dumpling

    and deliciously much more

What a feast!

Yes, my son-in-law is so

thoughtful and generous.

Great company and time.


All these treats and joy 

as our family celebrated

our daughter Karissa's birthday.

And Ollie, now two and a half, 

loved every morsal and moment of it 

especially getting to help Mommy 

blow out the candles.


So how about this?

Some Same Day Serendipity.

While revisiting my journals

this weekend in prayerful Soul See

look what presented:


July 7, 1994

Wild Duns, SC

Karissa - the best thing 

I've ever done is 

marry her Mom and

be her father. 

Wonderful child!

I really mean it.

If I dropped dead today,

the best part of my life

has been to give her life

       - my life -

   the life that God 

has given her through me.


So, I'm starting to get clear here 

     (inside me about me).

I'm a child myself - a child of God.

That's all the security I need -

that's all the security there is! 

I'm really quite ok.

I'm a child who is part of 

God's play - an

  eternal ( forever), 

  cosmic ( boundless ), 

      merriment.

God delights in me 

(baby, go back over that line

for the rest of your life 

on this earth!!!).

Sure, the other kids and I 

are banged up (sin), 

but the merriment 

of the play 

heals us.

That's because God is 

merriment (love).

All of us kids are here 

to play together,

to share, 

to whopp it up!


All I want to do anymore is play!


All I want to do as a pastor 

is be part of God's play 

and do what's given me 

help everybody 

get into the game!

That means get together, 

get close, get busy, 

get creative, 

get helpful & healing 

happy & hilarious!

        ******


That was me almost 

thirty years ago.

It helped me then,

it helps me now.

I hope it does that 

for us all.

                   ******

      Thanks to all visiting here 

             for the first time.

     Please do join in our sharing 

            each week here at

              frankly speaking

         spirituality for the street

   johnfrankshares.blogspot.com


ONLINE POSTING

Each Wednesday morning

East Coast USA time


LAST FIVE POSTINGS

Please scroll down beneath 

the current posting.


EMAIL

Delivered each Friday

Sign Up top right

online posting

           ******

     Come on!

Let's play God's 

   MERRIMENT


     Love to all,

    John Frank

        ******